Easy Homemade Recipe for The Popular Korean Potato Cheese Bread
TIMESINDONESIA, JAKARTA – The fan of Korean dishes in Indonesia is growing in number by days and new recipes for popular Korean dishes rapidly become popular, especially among the youths in Indonesia. One of those popular Korean dishes is the Potato Cheese Bread.
Like its name, potato cheese bread is a bread made of potato filled with hot melted mozzarella cheese. This snack perfectly matches the trend of cuisines in Indonesia.
Although you can find one easily in any bakery in Indonesia, it is also worth trying to make one yourself.
- 90g of high protein flour
- 55g of milk
- 10g of melted butter
- A pinch of salt
- One medium-sized potato
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper powder
- 40g of condensed cream or milk
- 140g of mozzarella cheese
Put all of the ingredients for the bread dough into the mixing bowl and mix the dough until it no longer sticks on the bowl’s surface. Knead the dough for approximately 5 minutes and cover it with wrapping plastic after. Put it into the fridge and let it sit for approximately an hour.
Wash, peel, and dice the potato so it cooks faster. Boil the diced potato to make it tender. Mash the potato when it’s hot and put the salt, pepper powder, and condensed milk into the mashed potato. Mix it well.
- Take the bread dough out of the fridge and flatten it, but don’t flat it out too much. Suit the shape and size of the dough with the size of your pan or baking tray. You can spread mozzarella cheese on the flattened dough and top it with the potato filling. You can use a spoon to spread the filling evenly. You can spread another layer of mozzarella cheese on the potato filling.
- Close the dough with potato filling and layers of mozzarella cheese inside by pinching the edges of the dough until the filling gets covered completely.
- Next, you need to flat the filled dough again gently and carefully to keep the filling inside the dough and avoid ruining the dough layer.
- Now getting to the grilling process, you need to spread some margarine on the dough and a non-stick pan. Grill it slowly with low to medium heat and don’t forget to flip it later. You need to grill it until it gets completely cooked on one side and only then you can flip it to cook the other side to keep it in shape. You can take a peek at the bottom layer to check whether it is ready to flip or not.
- Korean potato cheese bread is better served hot to get the perfect sensation from the combination of the melted mozzarella cheese, the warm and soft texture of the bread, and the fragrant aroma of the mashed potato.
What are you waiting for? Prepare your utensils and the ingredients and try this simple recipe of Korean Potato Cheese Bread now, TIMES Lovers. (*)
**) Ikuti berita terbaru TIMES Indonesia di Google News klik link ini dan jangan lupa di follow.
|Editor||: Evan Julianto|
|Publisher||: Sofyan Saqi Futaki|