Getting Closer to Nasi Jamblang, an Authentic Dish of Cirebon
TIMESINDONESIA, JAKARTA – Nasi Jamblang is a popular Indonesian dish that originates from the Cirebon region in West Java. It is named after the village of Jamblang, where it is believed to have originated. Nasi Jamblang is known for its flavorful rice served with a variety of side dishes.
The main component of Nasi Jamblang is the rice, which is cooked in coconut milk and pandan leaves, giving it a fragrant aroma and a slightly sweet taste. The rice is traditionally served on a piece of teak leaf, which adds a unique flavor to the dish.
Common Option of Side Dishes to Accompany Nasi Jamblang
- Fried chicken or Ayam Goreng: Marinated chicken pieces that are deep-fried until crispy.
- Sambal Goreng Krecek: A spicy stew made from beef skin and koya (a mixture of roasted peanuts and salt), cooked in a flavorful sambal (chili paste).
- Pepes Ikan: Fish marinated in various spices, wrapped in banana leaves, and steamed or grilled until cooked.
- Sayur Lodeh: A vegetable stew made with coconut milk, featuring ingredients like green beans, cabbage, carrots, and tofu.
- Empal Gentong: A traditional beef soup made from a combination of beef meat, bones, and spices, cooked until tender and flavorful.
- Sambal: Various spicy chili paste or condiments, such as Sambal Terasi (chili paste with shrimp paste) or Sambal Kecap (chili paste with sweet soy sauce).
Nasi Jamblang is typically served as a buffet-style meal, where you can choose the desired side dishes to accompany your rice. It is a popular dish in Cirebon and can also be found in other parts of Indonesia.
The combination of fragrant coconut rice and flavorful side dishes makes Nasi Jamblang a delicious and satisfying meal option for those looking to experience the unique flavors of Indonesian cuisine. Note that the dish is versatile, and the side dishes might vary on each house or restaurant. (*)
**) Ikuti berita terbaru TIMES Indonesia di Google News klik link ini dan jangan lupa di follow.
|Editor||: Khodijah Siti|
|Publisher||: Lucky Setyo Hendrawan|
Konten promosi pada widget ini bukan konten yang diproduksi oleh redaksi TIMES Indonesia. Tidak ada aktivitas jurnalistik dalam pembuatan konten ini.